Translate

Sunday, January 1, 2012

RECALCULATING ROUTE!

So...I made a detour at Baby-Girl's-Home-for-a-Week Drive hoping to find my way back here but ended up on Thanksgiving Boulevard.


Strangely, I've been down that road many times before, but forgot it leads to Christmas Island.  Silly me!  My GPS kept screaming, "RECALCULATING ROUTE!" so often I wanted to strangle that little lady. I gave in and made the hard right turn onto the New Year Bridge.  I think the official name is I-2012.

I'm praying there's no toll charge because I never have money on me. 

Anyway, here I am, back on the right path and should be at my destination...well, whenever I get there. I make no promises.

However, there is one matter I mean to attend to this year. It's not a resolution, in traditional terms, so don't be afraid to keep reading.

It involves a private 'discussion' with Father John earlier in 2011, or possibly late 2010!

He said, "When are you going to write that book?"

That's not a grammatical error. I wrote he SAID because it sounded more like a command than a question at the time.

"How did you know I wanted to write a book?",  I asked, dumbfounded.  I'd never mentioned it to anyone and never to him!

He grinned slyly.  "I know everything."

Looking back at 2011 and good people I know that didn't make it to 2012, plus one dear friend who is still fighting to make it here, I can't sleep thinking about just how much I've taken time for granted.  I've wasted a tremendous amount of time considering it is a gift given to us like everything else we have, like waking and breathing!

Anything we have said we want to do...we'd better get on it and do it, say it, live it, pray it.

Even if  "failure" is the result, at least, we can say we tried it. There's a certain dignity in that which we should embrace instead of the fear of starting.

As Liz Lemon said, "I want to go to there."  Wherever, there may be.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input. It is assured that all comments are read and considered. Have a blessed day!