Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Will Your Boaz See You?



I'm going to let someone else do the talking for this particular blog. Hope you don't mind.


 
 
 
I'm actually not sure there is more to say than what...and how, this lovely lady expresses it. Dephne Madyara (www.DephneMadyara.com) has taken it upon herself to do a series of video logs on YouTube based on a Book of the Bible and study and discuss it for the month of September. It's not a ploy to purchase anything, gain subscribers, or push ideas into anyone's head that they can't hear and understand.

I started watching her videos surfing for vain reasons regarding hair, beauty, and health. She has gorgeous hair, exudes beauty and is in good health. She spoke with common sense and knowledge, and, mostly Faith, which I appreciated. I became a subscriber.

I should explain that she is referring to the Book of Ruth from the Old Testament. Ruth, you see, was a non-Israelite woman married about 10 years into an Israelite family. Her father-in-law, husband, and brother-in-law all died, leaving no one to care for her and her mother-in-law, Naomi. Rather than be anywhere else or with anyone else, she chose to go with her mother-in-law to Naomi's former home of Bethlehem. She had accepted Naomi's God of Israel and provided for them both by working in the fields. I was blessed with a darling of a mother-in-law, so I can see this happening.

Ruth is working when Boaz, who turns out to be one of Naomi's relatives, notices her and inquires about her status as a damsel in the fields. One like her, you did not see in the fields, but married, or having a good time while waiting for marriage.You see, as this young woman, Dephne, explains in her video, Ruth had experienced her share of heartache, stresses, troubles, challenges, but it did not show. Her face was one of peace, not a reflection of the darkness and storms, she'd survived.

It is a true statement of how your face can reveal your life to others. We don't need to reveal every hardship on our faces to prove we have or had them, any more than while fasting we have to wear worn clothing, cover ourselves in ashes, and look pitiful! We walk around, at times, with anger or sadness, clearly written on our faces. Will your Boaz notice you like that and want to be around you? Most people will walk right by that! It's when one notices your Joy that people stop and wonder.

I used to hate it when people (men!) would tell me to not to look so mad, when I was just walking innocently down a street. It wasn't that I was angry. I just wasn't smiling at the time, maybe lost in a thought. Now, I find lots of reasons inside me and outward to smile, despite what may be happening in my life, and it's attractive to those who want to know WHY. I'm always willing to tell them why if they are willing to hear it. Most people I encounter already know it. God bless them! There is no insincerity about it and it is not fake in any manner. I choose peace and joy because I feel it. If I'm not feeling it, if I'm losing it for some reason, then I can usually find it again in a short time. Prayer definitely works! I like to think that although I have some horror stories that would put you under the blankets of your bed for days, it isn't visible. Want to know why? It's been left behind me. It is a gift of grace that enables this and I would love to see everyone experience it.

So, long story short (too late!), this 'mixed' marriage of Ruth's takes place after a series of issues are settled, and Ruth gave birth to Obed, father of Jesse, father of King David. Dephne will get to that later in the series, I'm sure. I encourage everyone to subscribe and see what other contemporary thoughts she has from such ancient inspired writings!

That's enough from me. Seriously, please listen to what Dephne says here as she makes wonderful points that many women (and a lot of men!) need to hear.

I did start off saying someone else was going to speak, didn't I? Oops!

Have a blessed week, All!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your input. It is assured that all comments are read and considered. Have a blessed day!